Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Sitcom Moments

Here is the sitcom story of the day.

I suppose I should explain... A dear friend once "accused" me of having a movie life. I do try my best to excel in whatever I'm doing so I suppose that makes for some interesting stories-especially when I fall flat on my face. Metaphorically speaking of course.

Anyway...

Here is her sitcom/movie moment:

Our dear friend was looking for a parking spot at UVU; of course, anyone who has ever parked there knows what a nightmare trying to find a stall can be.

Often, it becomes necessary wait like a vulture for some unfortunate creature to expire/leave campus. There are even those who wait by the doors, and follow people as they walk from the building to their cars.

On this day, my friend was following a man to his car. Everything was just swell, that is, until a black beast of a car came up to the spot, flashers glaring. The dear fellow motioned to the waiting car, and indicated that there was already someone waiting for the spot... No response... so he placed his bag in his car, walked away, and hid behind another car.

Still no movement from the black car. My friend gave up, drove away and then decided to come back for one last shot at that particular parking lot. Sure enough, the fine fellow was still crouched behind another car. Upon seeing her, he smiled, walked to his car and surrendered the in-demand stall.

Looking up, I see that this may not be the best writing of all time, but it's late and I'm not exceptionally worried about public opinion at this point. Feel free to put into a Seinfeld perspective if it helps...

Happy reading

No comments: