Monday, February 15, 2010

Of Strings and Sweets



Ladies and gentlemen. It is my pleasure to announce a successful Valentine's Day weekend. There was dinner and swing/ballroom dancing to a 16 piece band, all with the finest friends. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea--Kirk Douglas was quite a stud. There were two versions of Jane Eyre (yes I do appreciate the book and countless remakes.)

Of course, what the day be without gifts? Yes friends, sometimes the best gift is the one you give yourself.



It's a handy-dandy brand new little giant 12-string. Perfect for those performances where six strings just won't cut it and anything more would just be crazy.

I also made a stop by the local See's for yet another thoughtful gift.



Ok, I know what you're thinking... just a step above pathetic. I understand, but must respectfully disagree. I rather like my gifts to me... they're so much better a flaming bag of used dog food.

And now a word to the wise:

Oh, remember young men, flowers and other sincere gestures are to be used sparingly, lest you find the above mentioned flaming bag on your doorstep.

3 comments:

Jules said...

Hooray for your guitar. And hooray for Jane Eyre.

Jan said...

Sometimes you just need those gifts, doesn't matter who they are from. :)

Three amazing things in this post: guitars (including music video!!), chocolate, and Jane Eyre. A fourth if you include clever almost-devotional quotes.

I am assuming that you once got flaming dog food as a present, or know of someone who did. I love stories. Do tell.

Janet

Jarom said...

No, never an actual bag, just a threat once :-)