Saturday, May 12, 2007

Filler Post

A beautiful Saturday morning and I'm sitting on a sofa looking over some online profiles instead of hiking or something more productive. I decided to take a look at profiles of people I've never met and their friends to see what they put out for the world to see. I wonder why the online frenzy? Perhaps its an attempt to find meaning in life? Do they (and this includes me) just want to have their inner thoughts and desires professed without actually having to do so face to face?
For me, it seems like a good way to show the world, at least my own little world, that I have deep thoughts, needs, desires etc.

That being said, I wonder if it is truly an effective tool for getting to know people. It seems to show what people really are in some way. It takes a little reading between the lines, but it seems like people really do want to be known.

Now for another thought; every site seems to have a little spot where a person's religion can be named. I see so many people claiming to be Mormon or LDS with pictures to prove it. There are so many happy smiling faces in Sunday dress, at General Conference, with family, and so many other places. I really wonder how deep their understanding of the gospel really is when they display self named "sexy" or "hot" photos right next to them. I even saw a wedding photo of several bridesmaids right outside the Salt Lake Temple "showing some leg."

I'm not perfect, nor do I claim to be. Those who know me best can definitely attest to this, but I really do try to be the best I can be with what understanding I have.

…Just my thoughts for the morning.

No comments: