Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Mood

I like people, all kinds of people. I like the people in my new ward, such a sweet bunch of kids if I do say so myself. Friends make me happy; just being around friends makes me forget the past, and live in the now.

Generally I'm a happy person, especially around other happy people. I really do enjoy the fun and games but to be honest I'm tired, I'm tired of the game. I gave up the life I knew to play the game; I thought I had to know what it was about. Yep, life was great and going to be even better; I even had the ring.

Then I kind of saw what was coming, and how things would be if I stayed on the path I was on.

And that was it. It's been over a year…

Someone I thought I could trust said, "If he wonders now he'll always wonder." I suppose it's true, but I tell you what, I don't wonder anymore. And I don't want to play anymore. Another so called friend said, "You just need to do it." I was blind to the ulterior motive behind her words; I learned what sefishness can make a person say.

As for my happiness, I am happy for the most part. Sometimes I wake up in the morning with a knot but it dissapears after a while and I continue my day with a feeling of optimism and accomplishment.

As my 25th approached I remember thinking: How can life get any better! I was ever optimistic, upbeat, and excited to be alive. It seemed like there was purpose behind everything. I'm almost there again, but something is still missing.

Here's to the game…

I'm out folks…

No comments: