Sunday, February 11, 2007

Eternal Sunshine

I love "thinker" films. I think that Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one to fall into this category. There are some memories I would love to lose. First the disclaimer: There are few people in this world I do not care for. I am by nature a kind and caring person, probably a little too much, even to the point of excessive people pleasing. Cross that with perfectionism and we may have a problem.

The point is this... I don't hate anyone in this world... What?! you may say. How is that possible? I don't know, I just don't. That said, there are some people who don't particularly care for me. I've been told that they hate me. What?! you may say. I'm not sure I understand either. I just try to do what's right. It's especially difficult when you care for them so much. To whom may be confused... I have a great story to tell. It's probably not something to post on a blog, but it makes for a great conversation, and if you want to ask, feel free.

Anyway, my question is this: Why do people revile in causing pain? What causes a person to crave misery for others? And how do people really live with themselves after devestating a life? The line between wanting to forever forget the past, and being ever grateful for lessons learned can be fuzzy sometimes.

All things will come to an end, even the bad. Enough of my ranting for tonight...

No comments: