Sunday, May 16, 2010

Drawing in the Lines



I just read a friend's post. (Thanks Jules!) It reminded me of a time when I was having a difficult day. I was driving home from work when I noticed the freshly painted lines on the road. Off to the side of the road, there was a strange bump in the road, and the line followed suit.

It was a raccoon who had had the misfortune of not crossing quickly enough. The painting truck had simply painted over the misfortune creature. I actually laughed hysterically and almost to the point of tears. It made my day, frankly, and as horrible as it was to do so, I thanked the fates of small critters for the laugh.

One day at a friends day-care, I found a raccoon puppet, some yellow paper, a toy grill and a sense of humor.

I decided to take the redneck initiative and re-create the event.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Oh, poor racoon! But funny.