Saturday, April 10, 2010

Thought of the Day


"That's God gettin' ya."

Such a familiar phrase; my best friend uses it all the time when random, funny and often painful things happen. I used to hate it; maybe I thought it was blasphemous. Anyway... Sometimes I wonder what I need to learn from them.

Just as the knees were almost up to par, the TMJ acted up. Just as that ended, I started muscle spasms in my upper back and neck.



It came to the point Friday where I had to stop my piano trio in the middle of a performance, and walk out. The pain was unbearable, and the playing, impossible.

I've never had to do that.

Slight blow to the pride, but I don't feel too badly about it. There are so many other things in life that are far more significant than one failed performance.

There has been one cure all for this--service.

No matter how poor my spirits are, I only have to help someone in an appreciable way. It usually solves the problem right quick...

So, try it! You'll like it!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Sorry to hear that you're in pain, and had to actually stop a performance. That must have hurt. In numerous ways.

Perhaps you need to eat more bananas, and do more stretching. Yoga is great.