Friday, June 24, 2011

Window to No Where

I had what we lovingly refer to as a Bryce moment. I suppose I should explain...

Dr. Bryce Rytting is a professor at the University where I studied. A musical genius to be sure, and loaded with the most endearing idiosyncrasies ever imbued into one person.

One day, while in the Men's Room doing... well, whatever it is men to in a men's room, I looked up to find Bryce walking into the WC with all the grace of Michael Richards in prominent character.

"Jarom?" Says he.

"Yes?"

"Has this bathroom always been here?"

"Well, Yes" Says I.

"Hmmm.." Says He; and continued. "Do you know when I discovered this room?"

"Just now?"

"Just now..."

And with Kramer-esque grace started for the door.

"Wait!" "I mean no disesteem, but how long have you been here?"

He turned to me. "Nine years..." And rushed out.



Now... I told you that story so I could tell you this one; the excitement level may not me as high, but it was reminiscent of that day.


I recently got into a house. It's red brick, two stories and a basement-all liveable. I live in the top apartment, and three friends rent the bottom. I've been keeping up on home improvement for the last few months; roof leaks, broken toilets, etc., have kept me busy when I'm home, but it's worth it.

I've walked around the home dozens of times since moving here--it's been a year--and never really noticed the window on the NW side of the home. I noticed it this time, noted it was frosted over and thought: "That's strange.."

It is strange. There isn't a window in the inside of the NW wall in the front room.

So, yep. End of story, and start of a confused homeowner...

2 comments:

ruzzel01 said...

i do know he has a lot of followers and believers. He speaks soft and truthfully.
self storage glendale

Jan said...

Do you think it's time to update your blog?