Tuesday, November 09, 2010

First Class for First Class

As mentioned before, air travel can become something of a chore without some kind of perk to make it worthwhile. Complementary upgrades, warm meals, mixed ratios of genuine smiles and forced grimaces... It's all in a weeks travels.

There is one thing I could do without however. As happy as I am that there hasn't been smoking on any domestic flight since 2000 (a smoking section in an airplane or restaurant is like a peeing section in the pool,) one problem remains. Alcohol; especially free alcohol.

Stuffing my frame into a coach class seat can be well worth not sitting next to the mind-numbing, gag-inducing stench of the upper-class alcoholic taking advantage of the cabin class amenities.

I still care about their well being. They're just as troubled as any of us, they just had the misfortune of finding solace in a substance...

1 comment:

"Miss Kris" said...

I never thought of that before. Guess I'm not missing out while sitting in coach. Thanks for making me feel better, Jarom. :D