Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cracked and Crumbling Foundations

Disclaimer: I am not perfect, or even a great specimen of my species. I make no such claims. I am sure there are quite a few people in the world who do not jive with my chemistry. I'm sure there are countless folks who just don't think I'm an attractive person. I'm even willing to bet there are a few people out there who just can't stand the way I speak.

That said...

I would like to start a new trend. Yes friends, this is the "Pumice Is Your Friend" campaign.

Steve Harvey, when asked what men want in women, said:

"Well, one thing is: your feet can't look like mine!"

Double standard? Absolutely.

Here's the rub: Women are generally stuck in the unfortunate position of being a part of the sex with the majority of members on this little blue marble. I'm fairly certain that if there were only one woman for every three men on this planet, each man would take better hygienic care of himself. On a side note, He'd probably develop character improvements sooner and learn to communicate better with other men.

But since self-motivation is the only kind of motivation we're going to get here, let me suggest something.

I propose that each of us start with our foundations. That's right men... Look down at those dogs.

Do you suffer from Tree Man feet?

Is your personality the only thing keeping your dear girl from losing her lunch when she looks down at your calloused, mistreated, and poorly maintained feet?

I have the answer for you!



It may take some flexibility, open mindedness, time, and a few uncomfortable minutes in the personal hygiene section of your local grocery store but I promise you'll never regret it.

You'll notice that sandals will be attractive once again. You'll see a lingering eye instead of an upturned nose. You may even discover improvements in the never-ending battle against gym shoe odor!

Well, without being too blunt, let me say that neglected feet are gross feet. It takes a very special someone to ignore the possibility that those poor abused dogs might find themselves looking like this one day...

It takes a real man to keep those foundations at their top-notch best.

2 comments:

Jules said...

I love it!

And, really, pedicures are quite nice. All men need to have permission to get a pedicure.

Jan said...

Haha. Yeah... neglected feet are rather icky.