Thursday, June 18, 2009

Just an update



I sit in an airport chair, comfortable in it’s own way. I’ve become used to them, the chairs that is. They’re just one more of life’s familiarities. It’s off to Philadelphia and the surrounding area. I’ll visit Jason and Muriel again, and probably take a look at New York again.

Jessica and I felt it would be best to cut off contact. I feel a little empty – she’s my best friend, so we’ll see how this turns out.

But back to the airport... There is a large flat-screen plasma monitor airing a story about a site called “Cute Things Falling Asleep.” It was funny to see so many of the people around me starting to smile to themselves. There are some endearing images – kittens dreaming, puppies dozing, children laughing in their sleep; it’s really heartwarming. It’s a nice change from the usual indifference displayed on the faces of the usual crowd.

Well, I suppose that’s it for today. I really need to get someone else to come with me one of these days; this stuff is way too good not to share.

No comments: